Patient care conditions, diseases
Symptoms - colon cancer - Most cases of colon cancer have no symptoms.
Colon cancer, through proper screening, should be detected before the development of symptoms when it is most curable.
These symptoms, however, may indicate colon cancer:
- Diarrhea, constipation or other change in bowel habits that does not resolve.
- Blood in the stool
- Unexplained anemia (anemia in any adults other than menstruating women should almost always be evaluated by a colonoscopy)
- Abdominal pain and tenderness in the lower abdomen
- Intestinal obstruction
- Weight loss with no known reason
- Stools narrower than usual